The application provided by Financial Times is available for free and is fully optimised for the Samsung tablet. The app will follow FT.com access model where users will have to register after they read three articles a month and pay a subscription plan after 10 articles. At launch, everyone who follows the free registration steps and owns a Samsung Galaxy Tab will have free access to FT content until the end of November, initiative sponsored by Samsung.
“The FT.com app for the Samsung Galaxy Tab builds on the success of the award-winning Financial Times app for the Apple iPad launched in May, which has already gained over 400,000 downloads and has been well received by advertisers and users alike,” said Rob Grimshaw, Managing Director, FT.com.
The key features of the FT app are :
- download the daily FT automatically to your Galaxy Tab for offline reading on your morning and evening commute – no need for the user to do anything
- Access content across all major sections of FT.com
- View the FT’s award-winning high quality video content, including the latest updates on markets and interviews with high profile CEOs each morning
- Analyse key metrics in a dedicated Markets Data section, including macromaps highlighting markets across the world, with the option to also view regional indices and company information sheets
- Check your personal investment portfolios, as stored on FT.com
For more information, visit Financial Times official Galaxy Tab page.