(Screen-shot taken from Samsung Galaxy Tab)
Google has finally released Google Maps 5.0 for Android and is available on the market (for some users). The new version of Google Maps includes :
- 3D Map Support – uses vectors which will allow you to see and manipulate maps in 3D. Two finger drag down/up to tilt; twist to rotate on supported devices.
- Use compass mode to rotate the map to where you’re facing. Center the map with My Location then tap again.
- Improved map caching and offline Navigation rerouting if you lose your connection.
- Note: Some require Android 2.0+
Some users are not able to update to the latest version yet, so here is a tutorial which shows you how to install Google Maps 5.0 on Samsung Galaxy Tab.
1) Download the APK file to your Android Phone
2) When it’s finished, click open the file or use a file manager (ex : Astro, ES File Explorer, etc) and access download folder. The folder is situated on the root of your SD card.
3) Find the file named com.google.android.apps.maps-2.apk and click on it. If you are using Astro, click “open app manager”. If a pop-up question appears, click “Package Installer”.
4) Let the app install and after you are done! Click done and launch up the app and you will be able to access the new Google Maps 5.0