SMEStorage announced through a press released that their SMEStorage Multi Cloud File Manager Android Application, which allows users to work and use over 15 storage clouds and sync to phones, has received a new update to version 1.6 and now supports Samsung Galaxy Tab and other Android tablets.
The SMEStorage Android Application allows those who are registered users, depending on their account type, to use advanced file sharing, file syncing and to “manage several file clouds in one virtual view”.
Clouds supported include Amazon S3, RackSpace Cloud Files, Google Storage and Google Docs, Microsoft SkyDrive, Microsoft Live Mesh, MobileMe, GMail/Email clouds, plus WebDav file server and many other clouds.
Other updates to this version include :
- In-app registration
- Added support for large file downloads
- Enhanced sync and added support for background sync on login
- Added a simplified view option
- Changed folder navigation to make it easier for those without trackpads or thumbwheels (now double click supported)
- Adds support for DropBox and Google Storage Clouds
- Updated Notes to support categories
CEO Ian Osborne stated, “Android is a key part of our overall mobile strategy, both for our individual professional, and business customers. We are delighted to have updated the Android application and look forward to offering even further levels of sophistication in future.”
For more information, visit SMEStorage Android web-page.